4.02.2012

summer lovin' and breakin'

It’s summer and it seems like almost everyone’s got the blues.  These past few weeks I have friends who were going through love problems and it makes me sad that I could only do so much.  If only I could take away even just half of their pain (since I know how to handle it).  All I could ever do is to be there and just listen.  Giving out advices won’t help – I tried to but they just don’t follow hahaa.  Well it’s their choice and I respect that.  They would rather stay hurt than do something about it.  Everyone around me seems to be doing the same thing – prolong the pain.  I think everyone’s  ought to go to that path and I’m pretty sure that when they look back at this moment years from now, they’d just laugh it off.  Of course, I know.  Been there, done that.  The difference with them was that when I was hurting, I didn’t overthink and I never shared it with others.  I forced myself to be mature about it and take it like a man.  And it worked out fine. 

--

I can only tell them this: that the heart has its natural way of healing.  We can’t fast-forward the process.  We just have to let nature take its course.  And all that we have to do is take what we have learned from the heartbreak and keep on striving to be a better person (not for revenge but for self-fulfillment).. because that is what it takes to move on.  Our hearts heal on its own and we just have to wait until it’s good again for yet another heartbreak I mean another chance at love =)

--

Famous last words:
“Let God write your love story so you will spare yourself of the pain.”

No comments:

Post a Comment