7.07.2011

two things

I would like to say I am pro-RH Bill but I haven’t really read the whole proposal so I can’t agree wholly to it.  But I agree to its basic idea of doing our part in controlling population growth – it’s for our own good.  I can’t see what’s immoral about it.  That bible saying “humayo kayo’t magpakarami” just applies to that period in time where people were scarce.  At this era, we already did that.  Humayo na tayo at nagpakarami - ng bonggang bongga. Don’t you think it’s time to halt?

We need to be educated (specially the kids) about the basic consequences of unsafe sex.  It’s not cool to have unwanted pregnancy and have this “bahala na” way of bringing up their kids.  Andyan din kasi yun parents na mapag-iiwanan sa bata kung gusto man nilang magbuhay-dalaga.  Oh, well, such is life.

Having a child is a huge responsibility and once you’ve become a mother it’s going to be your full-time state from here on out.  You can’t switch that role off.  That is why I agree that “ang pagiging parent ay pinagpaplanuhan”.  I have so much respect for full-time moms cos right now I know I can’t be one. :P

My say here is – if you can’t abstain then protect yourself.  And if you did get pregnant it’s imperative to NOT think you’d have a choice of getting it aborted.  Abortion is a no-no.  the choice here is to get yourself protected to not get pregnant. 


---

Surprise, surprise.  I am anti-divorce.  For me it boils down to this one important thing: Divorce dissolves the sacredness of marriage.  If it gets approved here then anybody can marry because they now have the option of divorce, if in case it didn’t work out.  Divorce is like a pre-nuptial agreement: it’s a safety net.  Divorce is an easy way out.  WHY GET MARRIED IN THE FIRST PLACE IF YOU HAVE THOUGHTS OF GETTING IT DIVORCED? Marriage is not just an overnight celebration – it is a responsibility – and you commit to it ‘for as long as you both shall live’.

And as for those married couples who really need to get separated, they can file for nullity.  Because if divorce gets approved here, they said that the process of divorce would be almost the same for annulment.  And if that’s the case, why do we need one? They can just amend the grounds for legal separation / nullity of marriage / annulment. 

Marriage is sacred and not everyone is entitled to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment