7.29.2013

dr. love's 2012 year-end report

patient number one:
He is a boy who’s been courting a girl for months.  This patient wants me to interpret her every action, her every response.  He gives out details on their daily conversations and wants me to dissect on them.  He’s just being impatient and immature and he knows it.  At least he made me master the art of not saying the same thing over and over; the art of saying the same thought in all kinds of approaches possible.  Lesson learned: I can’t make people relax and not over think when it comes to love.

patient number two:
she’s been with her boyfriend for a month and they broke up because the boy is a two-timing scumbag and a pathetic liar.  Now that they’re together again, my patient my patient has been telling me that this time it will be different, that this time she’s going to use her head.  Not happening.  She just wants to speak her heart – and I was just around mostly to listen.  I always make patients decide things on their own.  The lesson I learned from her was: I can’t stop people from creating their own destruction.  I just have to warn them of the consequences that are already set with their every action.

patient number three:
she loves to control her emotions to not fall in love because every time she does fall, her hopes get shattered by some guy.  And I am having a hard time convincing her that not all guys are the same.  Can’t blame her, though.  The boys she’s been with made her feel she was not good enough.  She kept on saying she’s had enough but hope always gets the best of her.  She was just being vulnerable and optimistic.  Which is good, I guess.  Lesson learned?  Put up a higher wall every time it gets torn down.  Because if someone wants you in their life, they’re going to fucking find a way, no matter how tall your barricades are.

No comments:

Post a Comment