7.20.2013

the rockstar that could have been


The first two months of 2013 I had been constantly in touch with a vocalist of some band that became quite famous for his antics, and lovelife.  We talked about his weird and super deep wallposts, his ideals, his radical way of life (none of which I took seriously because hey, he might be high on something whenever he talked to me).  The communication kept on going - facebook chat, text, email - and cute thing is he remembered what we have talked about, and kept on asking more about me.


I know I easily fall for rockstars, but good God - he is too much!  I don't think I can let myself get wasted like that, so I was so guarded when it comes to him.  "He might be just one of those curious guys that got entertained by my replies everytime he talked to me", I always tell myself. 


One time he invited me to go to his gig - through FB private messaging and publicly through his facebook wall.  Sweet that he made it public.  Smooth, I know.  I will give in, I know.  I was 80% sure I'd meet up with him at that time because I just got heartbroken.  Who would say no to such invite? I was flattered.The invite was done for all the world to see. yihee.And after what happened that Thursday morning, I was ready to waste my life away.  Almost one year of anticipation for nothing.  So at that time, I was ready to say yes to any kind of invite. I was so out of it.


His gig was on a Saturday night.  That afternoon, I got a text message inviting me for a drink in Cubao Expo.  I said yes to him because it's another drinking session; I decided to just get drunk first than risk myself of having meaningless sex with a 'substance-user' - looking rock god that he is; I chose the path to be with my GP friends.


And the rest, as they say, is history.  I accidentally met the guy who broke my heart, but then changed my life.


-

*But imagine what could have happened if I decided to go to the gig. =)




No comments:

Post a Comment