8.07.2013

work on


"Before taking care of the universe, be a little selfish and take care of yourself first."


---o0o---


(I cannot do two things perfectly at the same time; I don't want to be pretentious online so before I could go out and help the world - I gotta fix myself first (act humanlike! motto of my lifetime).


One thing I knew I had to work on was my focus.  I need it for everything, specially with work.  There are times when I was just so out of it, you know?  Ang dalas kong lutang, for reasons I couldn't tell.

So, to keep myself more focused, I had been trying to practice mindfulness / awareness teachings from articles I have read on the net.  It also does these things:

"Mindfulness meditation practice adopted from Buddhism is being used in psychology to relieve a variety of mental and even physical conditions, such as obsessive-compulsive disorder, anxiety and even in restoring the function of organs impaired after a stroke."

(*from an article)


Right mindfulness.
We knew about it, but we can't seem to really practice it.

"The exercise / practice is to do a very slow walking meditation in which the students are asked to be aware of every movement of their foot from onestep to the next.  It must be done so slowly that it should take 5 minutes for one foot to touch the floor."

And so, I tried - but I only targeted for one minute.  But even just for trying it, I couldn't do it.  I'm not that patient when it comes to some things.

And so I realized, before working on my focus, I had to start working on my patience first. ;)



---o0o---

famous last words:

"Mindfulness is attentive awareness of the reality of things, especially of the present movement.  it is an antidote to delusion, but it should be accompanied by an understanding or comprehension of what is happening.  Mindfulness, if practiced correctly or consistently, eventually results in wisdom."







No comments:

Post a Comment