6.20.2011

shake yer tree

do you remember your most beautiful dream?  i do.  i was eleven then.  and i could still remember every detail of it until now.


and last night, something weird happen.  i saw that dream in the film "Tree of Life".  not the exact location but the scene was exactly the same.  it's scary but at the same time beautiful.


the movie is dragging for those who gets easily bored.  but it was a great film for me.  it made me feel sad and scared and clueless.  well, most of the time clueless for its many weird scenes.  i felt like what i understood of the film was not as intricate nor as deep as the others.  you know, payak na utak lang ang meron ako hahaa.  but i saw david lynch, wong kar wai and lav diaz in the film.. 


now i know why it won this year's best film in Cannes.


it was a big production for a film with an indie vibe (NOT an indie film, definitely).  i am not going to give my interpretations with this movie nor will i read a movie review prior with my watching because i want my interpretations to be my own, not from any other sources/influences.  that's the reason why i'm painfully quiet when watching films - i don't watch to get entertained, i watch to experience.  or to shake my tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment