4.30.2011

viva singledom!

PROS:
being single for a looooooong time did a lot of good things to me.  the most important of them - it made me independent.  waaay too independent, actually.  i don’t need a man to take care of me, that’s what i got used to think of.

time - having time for myself helped a lot in knowing the real me - with no influences whatsoever.  i have time to explore my mind and get more creative and productive with my life. there is happiness in solidarity.
it never made me “assumera”.  sometimes i could have a reason to think twice, but when it enters my mind, i never entertain it for a long time.  just like hope, it stays for a while but i kill it afterwards.  so until a guy hasn’t said anything to me yet, imma keep that friendly vibe around.

it made me tougher.  sometimes i wonder what it feels like to be a bratty little girlie weakling  who whines about the tiniest of things.  maybe life would be easier on me if i complain a lot and let others feel uneasy until they do something about what i’ve been complaining about. 

the single life is fun because you have no expectations - you just do the things you do and enjoy!  i got time to help others.  nobody owns me but the universe.  when the time comes that i will have someone, i’m pretty sure he’d understand what i mean when i say i want a life on my own.  we’d be just two souls out to explore each other’s universe, not create our own world and live in it.  he’s had a life before me and i’m not taking it away from him. 

truth is, there are things you cannot do when you’re with someone so while you’re still single - mingle, damn it! enjoy! go crazy :D 


–o0o–

CONS

independence may be a great thing, but sometimes it gives off a wrong signal to men.  it makes them feel like we don’t need them around anymore.  it’s just that, i never needed anyone to do stuff for me, or make me feel secure.  it’s the companionship that’s what matters to me.  keywords: compatibility and wavelength.  that’s all i want.

and time sometimes could be an issue.  since i have been single, the things i do are always fixed.  my routine.  i’m so used to being alone - i’ve gotten too comfortable.  i’m not used to spending time with too many people.  i’m not used to giving my time on a man. 

not assuming leads to me being clueless, or just plain stupid.  in case you don’t know, i’m beneath the signals anymore,  i’m like a guy - so give it to me straight.  tell it to my face.  because i used to like reading minds but now i just don’t have the time for it. 

being too tough is also a problem.  just like being too independent, having a tough heart is a dilemma.  it has given me this aura that i am too stubborn.  or this aura that i’m too tough they treat me like a guy as well.  high fives involved. 



but what’s so wrong with being single?
you just do the things you do to reach your goal while at the same time preparing yourself to be a better person when the right one comes along.
if he ever comes.
(*ang ganda na sana sabay naging pessimist sa last sentence.  pambasag lang)



famous last words:
“if only i could tell you how different you are with the rest of them.”
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment