10.03.2011

why do i enjoy listening



I get to learn more.  when a person talks about something that interests me, i listen.  i dig out every information i could get about it.  i leave happy with my newly acquired knowledge.  the one i'm talking to leaves happy because she gets to teach and share.  it's a win-win situation, actually. =)


the longer she speaks, the more i see her clearly.  if you listen to someone talking about her story for a certain period of time, you'll get to know who she really is - underneath all the stories she had been telling me.


i like to play with the selfishness of the 'conversation narcissists' without them knowin it (they don't even know they are one).   conversation narcissists are narrow-minded people who only talks about themselves and how awesome they think their lives are.  i love hearing their stories.  it tests my patience level on how long can i get to tolerate it.  and it only validates that between the 2 of us, i am not the spotlight hugger.  of course it makes me feel good - best of all, feeding their ego without them knowing it is so much fun!  that's what they get from giveing me useless information. meanie =)


while the other person talks, my mind wanders.   it's not because the story i'm hearing is not interesting, but because i like to visualize what i hear.


my mind is constantly pushed to its limit (but in a good way).  when i'm in the middle of a serious conversation, my mind gets to think harder as to what (a) comforting words, (b) words of wisdom, and (c) good advices i must give - all at the same time, as fast as possible.  and words should be well-chosen depending on the person i am talking to. 


*all i enjoy is a great, spontaneous, informative and sometimes sexy (haha) conversation.  and since i have a hard time speaking up and expressign myself, i mastered the other end - the art of listening.  what i didn't know is it'd be so much fun.  and that i'd be good at it.  =)

famous last words:

No comments:

Post a Comment