9.24.2012

Boys do fall in love

(for a friend / long-time client)


---o0o---

I’ve been wondering if this girl even know everything that my friend has been through to get where he is with her.

I wonder if she knew all the sleepless nights he’s had just thinking of ways to get her attention and to know that his intentions for her was real and sincere.

I wonder if she knew all the countless talks we’ve had about her – telling me how great of a girl she is, and how he’s fallen in love with everything about her.

I wonder if she knew how he drops everything he does at work just to see her, even for a while.

I wonder if she knew how many girls he’s turned down just so he won’t give her a reason to think he’s a ladies’ man (which, by the way, he really was – before he met her).

I wonder if she knew all the things he has done to be a better man worthy of her love.


All of these has never happened to him before. 
He was the typical kid who played around –
Then came her.


And now I wonder if the girl coming in to his life is a good thing or a bad thing because even though he’s changed from being a boy to being a young man (which is good), she’s also the reason why he’s wearing the saddest eyes I have ever seen.


I wished that I could take even just the half of the pain, but it’s not possible.  I could only be there for him and catch all of the rants being thrown my way.

He’s been fine now, which is great news.  With good friends, all wounded souls get sewn back and healed.  I’m glad he has his support system – his friends slash drinking buddies.  They say all the right things for his own good.


I believe the girl has her own reasons why she gave up the fight and just let him go.


But I’m just wondering if the girl really ever know
How much this man loved her so.

No comments:

Post a Comment