9.19.2012

happy every day, everyday OK




Having a hectic schedule doesn’t excuse me from doing the things I love to be happy.  Writing, movies, tv series, researching, volunteering, music, checking up on my close friends – I make my way for it to happen.  See, happy people don’t just wake up happy – it’s a conscious effort.  It’s not easy, though.  Because there are hundreds of reasons that makes us unhappy at the moment.  But for me, something as simple as telling myself “I’m alive” is enough of a booster already to push myself more into being happy.. not just for me but for everyone around me.  Sadness, like happiness, is contagious.  So spread the better virus =)


“I’m alive”, I tell myself; “I almost died, but I didn’t.  Would I waste my second chance at life? I’m not going to use up another day, or hour, or minute of my life reaping up on sadness because I want my life to enjoy all the good stuff the universe has to offer.”


And when my ‘down’ moments happen, like right now, I do push myself more to ignore the bad and enjoy the good.  I’ve been carrying a heavy heart for weeks now and if it means detaching myself from the people who cause me pain, so be it.  Then I focus and excel in other fields / areas of my life (that’s mostly work).


All I’m saying is, keep on looking for ways to put that lovely smile on your faces.  Sometimes, you don’t need to have an inspiration. Happiness is everywhere.  Start chasing it.  Keep on chasing it.


Go on and get happy – because no one’s going to do it for you.





No comments:

Post a Comment